Arrive happy with Athens rides & airport transfers.
An ancient hub steeped in history, Athens is a stunning mixture of ruins and ramshackle cool. While the Acropolis presides over daily life as a lasting reminder of the centuries that have passed, there is a contemporary buzz about the city.
Should you have booked everything for your trip to the Greek capital but just need to arrange your Athens airport transfer, choose hoppa. We provide a reliable, no-fuss service that will take care of the journey to your holiday accommodation and back to the airport when you book your return transport with us.
Book your airport transfer in Athens
Begin your booking by telling us your travel plans in the section at the top of this page. Click the ‘Search’ button and you’ll see a list of vehicles that are available for your Athens visit.
Private transport versus shuttle bus
You can either opt for a shuttle bus or private transfer from Athens Airport. If you’d like to know more about what each has to offer, here’s a look at how they work:
- This is the quickest way to get to your accommodation.
- You have a set pick-up time to meet your driver, which is listed on your e-ticket.
- It’s just your group travelling in the vehicle.
- Once you meet your driver at Athens Airport, you’re escorted to your car and taken to your accommodation. There are no drop-off points along the way.
- This is a budget-friendly choice.
- Your party shares the bus journey with people from other groups.
- There could be a wait at the airport before your bus sets off. This can be up to 45 minutes and allows time for your fellow passengers to arrive after your own flight lands.
- There are designated stops on the route so other passengers can get off at their drop-off point.
How much do Athens airport transfers cost?
Each transport option you see has a price listed alongside it. This is the amount you’ll pay for your airport transfer in Athens.
However, if you begin your search and come back to it at a later date, the prices might be different. This is because it’s live pricing that can change due to factors such as varying currency rates.
What happens next?
When you choose the transport that you want for your Athens trip, you’ll arrive at the ‘Extras’ page. This is your opportunity to book any additional luggage or other items on to your transfer. If you can’t see the section for this on the Extras page, get in touch and we’ll be able to help.
We allow one piece of hand luggage and one suitcase per person as standard for both our private vehicles and shuttle buses. If you are planning on bringing more luggage with you, let us know in the Extras section.
The e-ticket explained
We’ll send an e-ticket to the email address you give us once you’ve completed your booking. This is both confirmation that you’ve arranged your Athens airport transfer with us as well as a source of key information, such as pick-up details and contact numbers.
When you receive this, print it off to take with you in your hand luggage so that you can present it to your driver when you meet them at the airport. We suggest you read through it before you land so you know where to go.
I’ve arrived at Athens Airport
When you arrive in Athens, read through and follow the directions listed in the ‘Find my pick-up’ section of your e-ticket. It’s likely that you’ll be directed to the arrivals hall, where you’ll see your travel representative holding a sign displaying your name or hoppa/ the transfer provider’s name.
However, your joining instructions depend on the transfer providers or the type of transport you’ve chosen, so it’s important that you check through your pick-up information carefully. If you can’t see any instructions on your e-ticket, call the number on your e-ticket to find out where you need to go.
Where’s my driver?
If you get to the collection point and you can’t see your driver, call the number on your e-ticket. We’ll be able to find out where they are and how long they’ll be.
If you’re going to be late for your pick-up time, call the number on your e-ticket to let us know. By calling us, you’re giving us time to arrange a back-up driver.
Your driver will wait at the airport for 45 minutes. For delays that run over 45 minutes to up to three hours after your original pick-up time, we’ll send an alternative driver to you. If you’re delayed over three hours, you’ll need to re-book your airport transfer in Athens and speak to your travel insurer.
What’s on offer at Athens Airport?
Athens International Airport is the largest airport in Greece, serving a record 24 million passengers in 2018. Built in 2001 in time for the 2004 Summer Olympics, it’s become a busy hub for visitors to this part of Greece.
As well as duty-free shopping and a wide selection of eateries, there are seven lounges available for those travelling to Athens for business, plus baby rooms and a pharmacy. There’s also free Wi-Fi access throughout the airport.
Athens airport transfer times
Plan your trip by taking a look at our list of average transfer times to some of the key destinations in and around Athens.
If you’ve booked a return journey, how you get back depends on your transport:
Private vehicle passengers
- If you’ve booked a private transfer to Athens Airport, your driver will collect you from your accommodation. The time they’ll be there is listed on your e-ticket.
- Be ready to leave 15 minutes before your pick-up time and have your e-ticket to hand to show to your driver.
- If you’ve signed up to receive SMS messages from us, we’ll text you with your pick-up details.
Shuttle bus passengers
- Your pick-up details will be available online the day before your flight. Head to the ‘My Bookings’ section here on the hoppa site to find out the timings.
- If you’ve signed up for texts from us, we’ll also send the details to you 24 hours before you’re due to depart from Athens.
- Aim to be at your pick-up point 10 minutes before your bus arrives and have your e-ticket with you to present to the driver.
Whether you’re travelling by shuttle or private vehicle, if you can’t see your driver at the arranged time, call the emergency number on your e-ticket for an update.